Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 01:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  GENERAL CATEGORY
 |  General Land Rover discussions  |  Topic: Any members want to come to the Grant Partk Poney Correll next Sunday night?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any members want to come to the Grant Partk Poney Correll next Sunday night?  (Read 659 times)
dplace
Winch Monkey

« on: September 17, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »

We should try to get this club back on the rails if we can.  Don't know how many of us are still around.  Since the PPCLI took off to Shilo, I think the core of our group left the city.  There is an all British Show and Shine every year at The Forks, and they were very pleased when I took my 1974 88" for the past two years and also at the Highland Games in E.Selkirk to the Manitoba Sports Car Club.  They told me they had never had a Land Rover at The Forks till I took mine.  I won a plaque at the Steinback Show and Shine as the most unique vehicle there last year.  There is a fellow just south of me between Selkirk and Lockport with Defenders that is planning on building a safari business taking people on Manitoba safari trips.  I am going to show him the sand hills on the North Star Trail sometime and that will be the main area.  They can have a lot of fun in there.  A drone trip over the area will give them some good idea of what trails are still open and how to get to the top of the fire lookout.  Anyway, my vehicle continues to get stuff to make it an emergency vehicle for ham radio.  I talked to Scotland and Ireland with my radio from E. Selkirk during the games and they loved that connection back to the old country.

Dave Place
Selkirk
Pages: [1] Print 
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  GENERAL CATEGORY
 |  General Land Rover discussions  |  Topic: Any members want to come to the Grant Partk Poney Correll next Sunday night?
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines