Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 11:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  For Sale / Wanted  |  Topic: series 2a parts
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: series 2a parts  (Read 3330 times)
bertie2a@yahoo.ca
ALROM Member
Gate Opener

« on: October 31, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »

i have a few series parts i dont want anymore
front and rear axles
2 1/4 litre gas engine
drive shafts
transmission and transfer case (in pieces. the guy i bought it off said they were all there)
steering column and steering wheel
hard top for 88in with safari top
sides for hardtop
plus a few other small parts
you can e-mail me offers on all or any of this stuff @ bertie2a@yahoo.ca

67 series 2a 88 rebuilt
66 hybrid (being built)
95 discovery 1
98 f150
05 polaris sportsman 700
dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:59 AM »

How much for the engine and what can you tell me about it? Where are you if we need to transport it to Manitoba? Did that transmission have scryncro or an O/D.  Some very late IIa vehicles had synchro but not many.

dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »

For some reason your e-mail is bouncing outside the site so I will try here.  If the engine turns over OK and the whole thing is there we might be interested if we can figure out how to get it down to us.  We often go to Brandon as my son has a crew working at Shilo all the time.  Winnipeg or Portage is also within good driving distance of us.  Can you check that it is complete and turns over OK. The fact it smokes isn't of any concequence since we will rebuild it completely when we get it but the one we got recently is a block of rust and not of any use.  We could only save the crank and maybe the head. The price you sent me is OK if the engine is savable. Is there some reason your e-mail is bouncing at the address you gave and also when I tried to reply to your e-mail to me.

Dave Place
VE4PN@mts.net
bertie2a@yahoo.ca
ALROM Member
Gate Opener

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »

the engine is complete except for the starter and generator it had a gm alternator  that was bad but mechanically its all there. the transmission is the same as my series i think with syncro on the top 2 gears only its out of a 66 . i could come to brandon if you want. try emailing me at dan.w.lange@gmail.com

67 series 2a 88 rebuilt
66 hybrid (being built)
95 discovery 1
98 f150
05 polaris sportsman 700
dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

My son is going to send you an e-mail to arrange how to get it from Brandon.  Sounds fine to me.  we have other starters and alternators so that is of no concequence.  I am looking for a Kenlow or other electric fan if you have one to sell or know where I can get something at a reasonable price.  I wonder what types of regular vehicles have electric fans that would work in the Land Rover.  Some Asian vehicles must have them because the engines are often across the vehicle and would need to use electric fans to cool the radiator since there wouldn't be any water pump sticking into the airflow.  My phone number is 482-7461 at home and 785-0410 on my cell if you don't hear from us since we are having problems getting in touch with your first e-mail address.  The one you gave now might work ok and I have sent you an e-mail at that address.

Dave
bertie2a@yahoo.ca
ALROM Member
Gate Opener

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »

i got your email at the other address look forward to hearing from your son so we can figure the meeting time out. oh and it is a 2a 2.25litre  engine

67 series 2a 88 rebuilt
66 hybrid (being built)
95 discovery 1
98 f150
05 polaris sportsman 700
dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:20 PM »

Can you give us your phone number?  It is easier to arrange all this on the phone.  We know the fellow who owns the Home Hardware store and he might just let us use his fork lift to take it off your vehicle and put it on ours.  That would sure make it easier.  I told my son that perhaps we should take a pallet with us and our banding machine and put it on a pallet so we can take it off at our end with the electric pallet truck we have in his garage at home.  Tonight I got my ridge cut off the engine in my Ser III and hope to get the pistons out next week when we finish installing the two post lift. 

Dave Place
Selkirk
dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:09 PM »

I think we were confused.  In one of your posts did you say that was a 2 engine or a 2A.  We definitely want a 2A engine.  We will be in Brandon on the 21st but that is too soon to arrange anything I know.  We are still looking and trying to arrange if it is a 2A.  I know we have work in Shilo in the new year so we could arrange something.  I have all the stuff here pretty well to rebuild it now.  I just finished my own Ser III and the engine is so efficient I can't get enough heat out of it even with a hot thermostat.  I am thinking of using a Kenlow Electric Fan or other brand to stop the air cooling the block so much.  I used dial gauges to set it up and it runs like new.  During the holidays I will be installing a safari roof rack and ladder we have and I just bought some off road lamps Princess Auto had on sale for trucks.  I will have 9 lights on the front now!  Should be pretty good for night driving off road.  Is there a transfer company in your town that could give a quote to take it to Winnipeg for example?  Just a thought if we can't get it any other way.  I don't want the long drive.

Dave
bertie2a@yahoo.ca
ALROM Member
Gate Opener

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »

sorry havent been on for a bit was away for christmas. the engine is a 2a engine. i can meet you in brandon sometime in the new year if you are in shilo. theres not a transfer company in roblin anymore. but let me now when you are in shilo and we can see what we can figure out

67 series 2a 88 rebuilt
66 hybrid (being built)
95 discovery 1
98 f150
05 polaris sportsman 700
dplace
Winch Monkey

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »

I am heading to Florida for two weeks and will get in touch when we get back.  If we could work out Brandon or Shilo that would work for us.  I will see when we have a fork lift available in Shilo and then I will bring the 1/2 ton, a pallet and the strapping to put it on the pallet so we can lift it off and on. Do you have someway to get it on your truck at that end?  If you were closer I would have wrapped this up much sooner but Roblin is quite a distance for just a motor.  If you see my Avitar you will see how my Ser III has turned out so far.  The lights are mostly wired in and I have a VHF station in it for Ham Radio.  The HF station will go in soon.  Have you ever thought of joining the Ottawa Valley Land Rover Club. If you send me your e-mail address I will forward January's newsletter.  It has a full page on my vehicle and what I am using it for.
Pages: [1] Print 
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  For Sale / Wanted  |  Topic: series 2a parts
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines