Manitoba Land Rover Club
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 11:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  For Sale / Wanted  |  Topic: Snow Chains - Last chance before they go on fleabay and Disco Web
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Snow Chains - Last chance before they go on fleabay and Disco Web  (Read 2260 times)
xtravrt
Trail Blazer

« on: February 04, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »

For all of you thinking about them, the Genuine Landrover Rud-Matic Snow Chains are great but pricey.  I just called the dealership and they are $519 a pair plus taxes so like $581.  I paid over $600 when I bought my truck.  These are even easier to install and stronger than the Rud Grip 4x4 chains I use now and come in a really cool Land Rover/Rud Bag.  After getting stuck in a little shallow ditch after freezing rain on stock tires, I had to have them in my emergency kit.  I only used them a few times before getting bigger tires so if anyone wants them I'm selling them for $300 OBO.  These are for the stock size tires in 16 or 18" wheels but will fit similar size tires on any other vehicle.  I plan to buy a new set of four chains for my 285 SSRs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBU3pT6Tn5E[/youtube]

I also have three pairs of Rud Grip 4x4 chains for 265/75R16 tires or equivalent (about 32x10.5 or equivalent with 15,16-18" wheels).  Two pairs are used and one pair is brand new.  The used ones are only sold in fours for $150 or half of new.  The new ones are $125 for the pair.  Each pair comes with a carry bag.  There is a little rust on the used ones from sitting in the bag but it does not effect the performance.

Install Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79YsxpmDxco[/youtube]

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:45:11 AM by tuko » Logged

2002 Disco II too many mods to list.
1994 F150 Xtra-Cab 4x4 w/33" BFGs
2007 Can-Am Outlander 800
Pages: [1] Print 
Manitoba Land Rover Club  |  CLASSIFIED
 |  For Sale / Wanted  |  Topic: Snow Chains - Last chance before they go on fleabay and Disco Web
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines